View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 03:12 PM   #85
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
There are various of ways to answer this question.

The first books that I remember inspiring a love of reading were probably books by Enid Blyton - possibly Brer Rabbit was the first, not sure. (I know we had some Noddy books too, but I don't remember being impressed.)

The first books that I remember inspiring a love of stories were the Narnia books. I don't remember much from way back then, but I distinctly remember my father reading this series to us kids.

The first books that inspired a love of books ... well, who knows? I grew up surrounded by them. Being a younger sibling has its advantages, not least of which are all the books your elder siblings have already accumulated - some hand-me-downs can be very good.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote