View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 06:30 AM   #27
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Android provides a very good app set for children at a fraction of the cost. In these days of limited budgets, libraries need to think hamburger helper and forget the filet mignon.

Educational institutions get a $20 discount per iPad when purchased in bundles of 10. See posts further up for links.
Asserting something is so, does not make it so. It's simply your opinion.

Yes, I saw the link. So you conclude from a link for generic apple discounts for education, that this is how much the library in question paid? That's quite a huge leap in logic. Contracts are subject to negotiation and prices vary from contract to contract. For example, I know that one of my co-workers got a bigger discount that than on an Apple computer since his wife is a teacher and gets the discount negotiated by her school district. I reiterate, unless you know the contracted price, you don't know how much the library paid for the iPads. They may have gotten a much better deal, or they could have gotten a lousy deal.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote