View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 11:30 AM   #1
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
A plea for less negativity for the sake of negativity

1st off I’ll say that I have no problem with people bringing up problems/issues with Kobo and/or sharing their views and debating positives and negatives about Kobo devices and the firmware on them. That’s all good and healthy and what these forums are about.

What I would like people to think about however, is what purpose adding a post that is strictly a dig at Kobo (i.e. where the ONLY thing in the post is something like “… Kobo just keeps adding new bugs when they kill others” or “… good thing Kobo does thorough testing – not!”) serves when it adds nothing to the thread involved. Yes, we get it, you’re ticked off with Kobo (and with good reason in some cases). We don’t need to re-read that in thread after thread. It serves no purpose. And for some reason over the last few months this is getting more prevalent. You are driving regulars who come here and like to help others solve their problems away from this forum. All I ask is that you think about what purpose you hope to gain before you post something like this.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post, and hopefully thinking about it.

Robert
robko is offline   Reply With Quote