View Single Post
Old 06-27-2012, 02:49 AM   #6
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Personally? I hope never. I hope that ePUB4 will really solve the outstanding issues and kick out javascript and audio/video. Oh well, one can only hope. I think in about a years time there will be more. But, don't forget that all older readers will still not support it. Most people will not replace their reader is it is not broken, so it will be quite some years before it is common.

The issue is, that the current generation of readers are using the engine from Adobe (the mobile version of ADE) and that engine is currently the best ePUB engine there is with respect to the standards. Also, the e-ink screens don't really are fit for video and animation in general.

There are a few ePUB3 reading devices. One of them is iBooks, although that is Apple's flavor of ePUB3 of course, not the real ePUB3. There are some more.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote