View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 02:40 AM   #129
Glamthaus
Glamthaus began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by porkupan View Post
Yes, I can confirm there is a problem with asec folder. Actually, there is not asec folder on the reader. I created /mnt/asec, /mnt/secure/asec, /sdcard/.android-secure - none seemed to help. Someone needs to decompile the DefaultContainerService.apk/odex to figure out where it is trying to create the "secure container", and why it may be failing.
The DefaultContainerService.apk/.odex are both fine as far as I can tell (I decompiled and compared them to the same files from an Android device with working ASEC.)

The two biggest issues I can see, however, are:

1. We're missing the kernel modules dm_crypt.ko, dm_mod.ko, twofish.ko, twofish_common.ko. These are all REQUIRED by ASEC. I've been trying to get this fixed, but so far have been having an absolute hell of a time getting a working 2.6.35.3 kernel development environment up and running (kernel modules need to be compiled specifically per device).
2. Init.rc has no declarations/mount points (or whatever) for ASEC. This can been seen pretty easily by comparing the init.rc of the prs-t1 to an init.rc of any ASEC enabled froyo device. This is an easy fix (but is still pointless without the kernel modules listed above).

EDIT: Also, for those asking, the Google Account/Sync crash appears to be due to a missing GoogleServicesFramework.apk. The majority of the Google Apps in general are missing in the stock PRS-T1.

Last edited by Glamthaus; 11-10-2011 at 02:52 AM.
Glamthaus is offline   Reply With Quote