View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 07:05 AM   #93
Japes
Addict
Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350,Sony PRS-950,Pocketbook 360+,B&N Nook Simple Touch Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by EatingPie View Post
Sorry, I don't see one, so I need to update my claims to two covers instead of just one.

Apparently these have been very hard to come by since the PRS-950 hit. I see posts celebrating finding one in January, and that's the only success story I can offer.

Fewer B&M stores are selling Sony. There were three national stores that I know of. One (Target) shifted to Kindle-only sales, and another (Borders) filed for bankruptcy.

The third, Best Buy, still sells them in-store, while Target sells them online... along with the five major outlets I listed previously.

No worries about stepping on toes. I have thick skin and hard toes.

I believe the sighs were definitely in order, since I was frustrated! But it's important to understand the context. That was not my first or only post, so it cannot be taken alone. Everything listed there I had addressed with factual citations, yet they were twisted to mean exactly the opposite of what I had cited.

Okay, now to illustrate... You say that the claims of Sony Readers being discontinued by retailers are "accurate." How did you determine this? What evidence did people cite (beside me finding 5 major chains having them in stock)? Or is it because retailers have stated they are no longer carrying Sony Readers?

It's important to separate fact from speculation. So far, there has been no factual information supporting claims that retailers are ditching the Reader.

Even the thing about accessories: You realize in your link, every cover is available in one color or another once you click through? Once again, the facts do not correlate with the conclusion that the readers are being discontinued.

-Pie

By the way, have you bothered to actually check with Best Buy. In their system, they have all three readers listed as "discontinued." When I asked them, they indicated that Sony was discontinuing them, which, by the way, I do NOT believe. I believe that they might no longer be carrying them and, possibly that Sony is discontinuing their retail distribution channels in the US, but I don't think they are being done away with altogether. But, the point is, when you state they are still available there, you are actually not correct. They might have some left over stock of 950's (almost impossible to find now) or 350's (which they are clearancing out at $119.99) but, they are no longer readily available there.

Furthermore, go ahead and show me where on earth I can get a 950 cover (with or without light), cause I've beem looking for one for some time, for my own 950 and honestly can't find one. So, when you say they are still available, again, I don't know what you are referring to, cause I can't find one. If I had a 650 (which I don't), I ALSO wouldn't be able to find one for that reader.

I think you might have to recheck your facts on some of this stuff. I have, because I was looking for a 950 for some time before finally finding a store that carried them.
Japes is offline   Reply With Quote