View Single Post
Old 12-28-2010, 09:35 AM   #63
Icewyng
Addict
Icewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura about

Device: Pocketbook 301+, Pocketbook IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
... I am sooooo getting an iPad ......
That is a way to look at it.

We all tend to forget a few things when we deal with Android tablets:

1) the IQ was designed to be more of a Reader than a tablet (same with the Pandigital Novel);

2) Android was designed with smartphones in mind. Tablets are a whole different beast and won't supported until Honeycomb (supposed to be out in Q1 '11);

3) The firmware in the IQ uses the generic Google vendorId so we do not know where it is coming from and that it is not from a Google authorized vendor (that is why we need to get the android ID from the emulator).

I know you all wished Market would magically appear but it took me about ... no less than 6 tries to get it right.

What we will do is try to troubleshoot everyone and see where you are at:

1) can you install the Android SDK and communicate with the IQ (USB debbuging on)?

1.a) Did you change the seetings for your system folder to read/write?

2) Can you get the androidId out of the emulator's accounts.db file? (maybe the previous tutorial was a bit confusing. Here is another one with pictures: Fix Market for Slates/Tablets).

3) Can you update the gls.db with the androidId? (only change the intvalue, nothing else).

4) Can you successfully push the files over to the device and set permissions?

5) Are you able to setup a Google account?

6) Can you start Google Talk?

7) Can you start Market?

8) So you have a Server unavailable error? If so, go to setting - applications - managing applications - Filter (Running). Select Market, press Force Close and Clear data. do the same with Download Manager. Next, clear the Dalvk-cache (as showed in the adb shell step). Then, ADB reboot and unplug the USB cable.

I hope this will help. I feel so bad to be able to get Market and see all of you struggling to get it working. I sincerely hope this will help all of you.

Last edited by Icewyng; 12-28-2010 at 09:42 AM.
Icewyng is offline   Reply With Quote