View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 05:14 AM   #5
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
I'm curious and have zero knowledge of Windows 7, is this the same for msi files? Calibre hasn't been in a exe file for quite a while.
yes I think so - I am pretty sure I have to unblock the calibre installer every time, after downloading it with chrome.

sometimes win 7 will treat. zip & .rar files like this also, maybe dependent on what they contain, and on what browser did the downloading. it seems to be more accepting when IE is the download browser.

I would NOT disable the feature as per previous post - it is a useful layer of defence if , like me, you have UAC turned off, as it prevents any drive-by internet malware from silently installing / executing.

just right click the .msi , tick unblock within attributes section , click on apply & you are good to go
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote