View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 11:09 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyweight View Post
I am using Calibre to consolidate all my books and to properly add/edit metadata on the files.
Making the book pretty in calibre does not add the metadata to the book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyweight View Post
I have about 450 books I've sideloaded to the My Documents area on my Nook and on about 10 of the books the author is shown as "Unknown Author".
How did you "side load" them to the Nook.

Metadata is written to the book during certain functions:

Save to Disk
Send to device
Connect to Folder
Converting the book

I may have missed a feature, but if you didn't use one of the above and just grabbed the book directly from the calibre database then the metadata was never added to the book.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote