View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 10:38 AM   #9
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
@korinian... I'm afraid I'm stumped.

FantasticFiction is the website I use all the time. I've assumed you used the image at this address:
Code:
http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/d/alexandre-dumas/count-of-monte-cristo.htm
I've just tried the copy/paste process on a test book of mine and it worked fine. I can't get it to NOT work. My browser is Firefox and I'm using Windows XP. I wonder if this is relevant?

I would think the mobi/specific book you're using is not an issue. If the cover.jpg is not saving correctly into your library directory then it won't work in a conversion either.

Have you tried a different Calibre book and a different webpage image? Does that work?

I've just tried drag-n-drop from FantasticFiction to Edit Metadata. This also works for me.

I've also repeated the same actions after bringing up Fantastic Fiction in Internet Explorer 8 rather than Firefox. Both methods worked correctly again.

Let's hope someone more technical can chip in with an explanation.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote