Thread: PRS-T2 Crashing the reader
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2013, 11:37 AM   #16
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by vavoor View Post
Thanks a lot for all comments and suggestions. They gave me lots of ideas of how to tackle similar issues in the future.

From a legal perspective, would it be okay to remove the DRM, which would be necessary when converting a DRM protected book from EPUB to MOBI and back? ;-)

Fundamentally, a product should do it's job. An e-book reader has to display books that comply with the format. If it doesn't, it has to be fixed in time or I won't buy it. I will not spend my time working around the problems that where cause by the party who got the money. The reason why I put so much effort into figuring out what causes the crash was that Sony support indicated that it's my fault because I want to display something that's not covered by the standard.

Now I've got a lovely Pocketbook 623 (which also has shortcomings, but it does it's primary job). Problem solved.

I used the EPUB validator on http://validator.idpf.org/ to check the format. I did not complain.

When describing the error case, I was not specific enough. The problem is a line consisting of a single space somewhere between the <pre> tags. Empty lines occur quite often in program code listings - guess what kinds of books I most frequently read.

You know, as a comparison, what you're suggesting is that you've bought a DVD player that should play all DVD's and when you encounter one that it doesn't you want and demand a refund from the seller of the player or the manufacturer to fix it. How's about you take a look at the issue with the disc ie: book that caused the perfectly functioning DVD player/reader to not play or read that particular item in the first place?

Sorry but what you're saying is rubbish in my opinion. How can you hold a manufacturer or seller accountable when there was something wrong with what you were trying to use on their product. That makes no sense to me. Go back to the person you bought the faulty book/disc from not the player/reader.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote