View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 01:49 AM   #480
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
Why are you developing for the Kindle anyway? I still have a version of Charis from your first (?) time you posted it on my PW. Got rid of the compact and smallcaps version. It looks ok, line-spacing and all. The weight is a bit heavier than Baskerville, but they look almost the same. Gentium Book Basic (the Gentium that Blossom made a bit fatter) and Gentium Book (that was already fat) both are a bit heavier than Charis.

If I ever grow tired of the font I am using (Seagram), I will go to something simple like MT Chinese Surrogate for san-serif, or Gentium Book Basic for serif. The only regret I have for Seagram is the lack of bold. Maybe I find another good calligraphy font that I can drop in for bold. (Most I seen lack symbols and letters - even German calligraphy ones that don't even have umlaut characters )
He enlarged the font to make it bigger like I did the one version Gentium Book Basic. I go back between Charis and Gentium Book and now Palatino for Historical Fiction reading. I use my own version of Charis which is heavier than his which I also offer through PM.

Why enlarge a font? It makes smaller sizes look more readable. This is the only work around without jailbreaking your PW to find a decent font size. I like Charis at the size it is but for some who read at size 2 they may like the larger version better.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote