View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 04:06 PM   #13
KentE
...still a Zealot
KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pixi & PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottken View Post
One message from Baen here would pretty much shrivel it up, but they have chosen not to do so. I would assume it's because those redeeming the bundles are also, eventually, making purchases.
Good point, Scottken. I've always felt that Baen was turning an intentional blind eye on the process, even if it goes beyond their original stated intent. It was pointed out to me in a previous discussion about why Baen didn't stop the chains if they wanted to (since it seems to be a simple patch to the way the code system works), and the knowledgeable answer was that Baen has a very small (and over-worked) IT department. That said, I think you're right--if Baen posted here that they preferred we not do this, the threads would die away in respect to their wishes.
Although my purchasing budget is small (and Baen material is not the major component of my reading), Baen books that are on my wishlist frequently get moved to the TOP of my "buy" list as a way of saying thanks to the authors and publisher that have done so much to popularize ebooks.
KentE
KentE is offline   Reply With Quote