View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 01:10 PM   #82
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polly7 View Post
I have put the font I chose into the font folder that i created in the Kobo root, and named it correctly with the 4 styles. I also tried turning the device on and off, which did not work either. Please help!
I'm new to all this so forgive my ignorance.
Couple of items to check.

The folder in the root of the Kobo is called "fonts"? The name is case sensitive.

The fonts are named correctly? To check the font name, on a Windows machine, double click the font file and see what name is displayed. Often this is not the name of the font file. On my computer, the Dark Courier font files, for example, are called dour45w.ttf, dour46w.ttf, dour65w.ttf and dour66w.ttf. After renaming to Dark Courier-Regular.ttf (-Italic, -Bold and -BoldItalic) and copying to the fonts folder, I had a decent looking monospace font. The -Regular is not actually needed but keeps the file names consistent. I've seen -R, -I, -B and -Z suggested as well.

The epub file does not have an embedded font? I've used Sigil on several occasions to remove an embedded font since they very often do not look good on an eInk screen.

The added fonts will show after most of the Kobo's builtin fonts on the font menu -- OpenDyslexic shows as if it was an added font.

I've added two images of the root and fonts folder on a Glo.

Regards,
David
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kobo_root.jpg
Views:	541
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	98914   Click image for larger version

Name:	font-folder.jpg
Views:	652
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	98915