View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 10:37 PM   #14629
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
It feels more like a collection of different genres of stories. That's why the problem classifying it. It's not SF. But it's not fantasy. I would have to classify it as fiction. If I thought this was SF, I would not have fought so hard to get it disqualified. Nobody was able to persuade me that it was SF and any SF type awards it got were as wrong as Jethro Tull getting an award for hard rock/heavy metal.

What actually persuaded me to read Cloud Atlas was the extended trailer I saw. It looked good. But this book was not as good as the trailer.
From the comments I've seen, I would classify it as literary non-genre. Because what could possibly be a less contentious categorisation for a book?

I wanted to read it before I saw the trailer, but I really wanted to read it after the trailer. However, now I've shelved the idea (no pun intended) until a later date.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote