View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 03:55 PM   #70
Fluribus
Guru
Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearMountainBooks View Post
I don't generally buy such huge amounts of books "ahead" of actually reading them that I'd stand to lose a lot of books at any given failure point.
I don't get rid of any books. Even if I never get around to rereading it, I still want access to it. If I wanted temporary access, I would get it from the library.

Digital books or music are theoretically eternal. Practically, this is only true if one has the ability to convert it to new formats as technology moves forward.

My experience with DRM is that it doesn't prevent piracy. It does, however, put burdens on the paying customer. I've had several computer games that were broken due to the DRM. Paying customers were annoyed and waiting for a patch. Those who had downloaded the cracked version were playing happily.
Fluribus is offline   Reply With Quote