View Single Post
Old 06-14-2008, 09:19 PM   #26
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
I see the nesting of quotes is working but it looks like you're replying to me Elsi and not puddinpaws.
Actually, I was replying to you. I just worded my response poorly. I wanted to affirm your suggestion to contact Amazon about the warranty -- but first, try the reset actions to see if that would wake up the Kindle. I should have said, First try reseating ...

My Kindle was totally unresponsive when I took it out of my backpack a week or so ago. I was panicked and just sure that it was dead as a doornail. First I turned off the power switch (having left the Kindle simply in stand-by mode), and then I took the back off & removed the SD card. It still wouldn't power on, so I used a pin to push the reset button. This time the Kindle responded and all was well.

Since puddinpaws had dropped the Kindle, I figured that reseating the battery might be a good idea as well.

Then, if nothing else works, contact Amazon. After all, they have that lovely video on the Kindle home page showing how sturdy it is and how dropping it didn't break it.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote