Thread: Windows RT 8.1
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2016, 04:55 PM   #4
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
You might try Book Bazaar Reader. The MS Store lists it as being compatible with Win8.0 and newer and "architecture" is marked as "neutral required" instead of the more common "x86" and they claim its been tested on some "pretty low-end ARM devices".

I'm using it on an Intel based Windows tablet, formerly Win8.1 and now Win10, and rather like the app. It supports ePub (my usual choice these days) along with MOBI (the "old" Mobi, not AZWx), FB2, PDF, and TXT. I use calibre to manage my library and simply export (read: Save to Disk) books in ePub format on an as needed basis and import the book into Book Bazaar Reader.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote