View Single Post
Old 06-20-2018, 04:44 PM   #6
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
The Amazon Kindle Publishing Guidelines has sample html/css to produce a single letter drop cap, but there is no mention of special cases such as a paragraph that does not begin with a letter.

The KFX handling for drop caps has only two parameters: how many leading characters to include and how many lines high to make it. There is no allowance for different formatting being applied to initial punctuation characters.

Looking at the example posted in this thread the single letter case is being treated as a drop cap, but the m-dash plus letter is not being treated as a drop cap because different styling is being applied to the punctuation.

I don't think that there is any good work around for this.
Many thanks for the info jhowell. So you are telling me that if the two first letter have the same size, there wouldn't be any issue in .kfx. Hmmm, maybe I can find a way to cheat the .kfx generator (until Amazon realizes that it can have a first letter lower than the drop cap).
RbnJrg is offline   Reply With Quote