View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 11:56 PM   #11
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool interesting....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger View Post
I just finished the first omnibus (1-6) myself. Definitely an enjoyable read that I could help but gobble up quickly.

Probably not much of a surprise, but I also watched the few episodes they made of the TV show adaption over the weekend, and it was quite disappointing. They completely sucked the humour and fun out of it :-(
i really don't agree and neither does jim butcher, who actually appeared in an episode as a morgue attendant and supported the series during the filming. of course, one difference between your experience and mine is that i saw the entire tv series before i began reading the novels and since then i've read all 13 of them + side jobs + some other dresden short stories that have appeared elsewhere. i'm grateful for the tv series for introducing me to the books and i watch it over again from time to time.

Last edited by alansplace; 08-23-2011 at 11:59 PM. Reason: spelling, yetch!
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote