View Single Post
Old 09-17-2010, 02:36 AM   #173
rblover
Connoisseur
rblover began at the beginning.

Device: none as yet
Update

I ordered my graphite Kindle 3G+WiFi from Amazon on 9-3-10. Just a few minutes ago-late on 9-16-10-I was informed that it had shipped, and would probably be delivered on 9-21-10. I used the free shipping option. Had I paid extra for next day delivery, it would probably be here by now. Since I haven't recieved, and tried to use, it yet, I have no complaints so far. I had already ordered two books: 'The Essential P.G. Wodehouse Collection', with 96 of his tales in it...and 'The Wreck of The Titan'...which is a novel about an ocean liner hitting an iceberg, and sinking...long before The Titanic was ever built. I have long heard about this book, but never found a DTB copy of it. Now I can have an e-book version of it.

Amazon has 2.47 million books available, so I won't need any other source for awhile yet. I'm not big on waiting at the bottom of reserved lists to borrow recent best sellers from libraries, so I don't need e-pub capability. I will be able to access my books on my Kindle, or my desktop computer, or my notebook computer, so that is all the device sharing I will need. The Kindle is right for me, and I prefer it's: faster page turns, longer battery life, text to speech feature, and larger internal memory, with more font sizes, and scales of gray. I have a hard enough time keeping track of SD cards for my camera. If I had to keep track of mini SD cards for my reader, I'd go nuts, and lose half of my books. The Kindle is not for everyone, but is right for me.

When my computers need to be replaced, I will consider a pad model at that time, and will then end up with a one device does all, item...but will not read novels on it. I want to give my eyes a rest from backlit screens once in awhile...at least when recreational reading. The Kindle lets me do that, and with more features/better functions that the Nook, or Kobo, and for less money-and with greater contrast/readability-than a comparable Sony. To each his/her own. I've found mine. Get what suits you, and enjoy it.
rblover is offline   Reply With Quote