View Single Post
Old 08-22-2010, 12:21 AM   #167
Harmon
King of the Bongo Drums
Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Excelsior! (Strange...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomF View Post
The K3 will default to a Wi-Fi connection but you have to accept an available network and connect to it first. So you could just never connect it to a Wi-Fi network and then it will not default to that Wi-Fi network, but as I said before, why would you want to do that when Wi-Fi is so much faster than 3G?

You seem somehow to think that the 3G is going to be the preferred way to connect and that you're going to do it that way regardless. But if your at home in your own Wi-Fi environment why wouldn't you connect to your own Wi-Fi network and leave it that way and get faster speed?

It's all in the K3 manual on the Amazon website, maybe you should just download it and read it for yourself. That's what I did.
Your assumption that I'm going to be reading the K3 at home is incorrect. At home, I read on my iPad, because there's more real estate. The K3 is going to stay in my briefcase, unless it turns out to be a clearly superior reading experience over the iPad, which I doubt will be the case.

As for RTFM, I had no idea how hard it would be to get what I thought would be a simple answer.
Harmon is offline   Reply With Quote