Thread: Kudos to Kobo
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 01:01 AM   #13
m0_joe
m0_joe began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
It is kind of a weird post. It was late at night and I had no Kobo to read. I guess my whole point is that, in my experience, Kobo and it's retailers (in this case Chapters) has done a fantastic job in standing by their product and customers.

As stated my Kobo is one of 3 bought on the same day at the same store. Mine was the only one that is messed up (no it's not a virus, they all got hooked to the same computer and no to all the other theories as well).

I don't expect things to be perfect on a brand new product (look at the new iphone), what I expect is that the company offering the products stand by and fix the mistakes made.

When things go wrong on something I purchased, I don't want to hear excuses or reasons why something isn't working. I just want the issue resolved. Granted I probably wouldn't have gone this far if I didn't love the product so much.

My point and kudos about the firmware update is this. Most other products I have seen that update firmware quickly (ie Mircosoft and possibly sony) do so to fix security flaws or major product flaws. Kobos firmware was mainly to fix annoying things their customers didn't like about the product. (The power issue was a bit of problem admittedly, but surprisingly it wasn't a widespread issue with all devices. Well at least not any of the ones I bought).

Yes clintbradford I am sure the reason I got a white one was because it may be out of stock. Admittedly I probably wouldn't have waited for a black one.

and Pookeysgirl I will look into that. I have gotten those prepaid CC as gifts and found stupid service charges. But I haven't gone directly to a bank yet to see what they offer. Thanks!
m0_joe is offline   Reply With Quote