View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 06:54 PM   #6
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisk View Post
this really is serious, even though I am fairly certain it will gain legs of its own.

I've made no secret of the animosity between myself and my coworkers (the one in particular). almost everything I have said has been correct, come to pass, etc., etc. well today pretty much takes the cake. the rectifier (an important electric transformer type device) for our equipment keeps blowing everytime the AC cranks up. I have had to call back to the east coast to the company who holds that contract to get someone local dispatched to do this. just that has been several hours of headache. we have tried to take everything off of those circuits and put them on others and have electric power cables crisscrossed all over the building. equipment has taken REALLY hard hits with the stuff going down.

ok, so what say you? since I have been here I have fussed about leaving the door to this facility open. frick and frack sit at the front of the building and like to prop the door open so they can chat up people as they come by. when I mentioned that this was hard on the equipment, and should not be done, the worst one of the two whined in excess and said he did not like to feel "closed in". the boss kind of shrugged and told me not to push it. I told her again it just was not a good idea, and let it go.

I'm about 90% certain that the abuse of making the fans work extra hard for so long is the culprit behind the issue. I'm alos equally fairly certain that the days toll once all the lost work, damaged equipment, expedited emergency repair call etc etc is going to be a rather weighty cost. is it appropriate at this point for me to say "told ya!" and is it appropriate to say this to people other than my boss who happens to be on leave?
Opening doors and windows in an airconditioned room will give the aircon extra work to do. Depending on airflow, the temperatures outside the room etc, the rating of the aircon units etc, this can give it a lot more extra work to do. Which can lead it to fail. Which can then cause the equipment it's supposed to be cooling to fail. Or puts too much load on the circuit causing something to blow.

So yup, perfectly appropriate to say told ya Or at least explain why the problem's happening and let them work it out
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote