View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 02:46 AM   #803
chrox
Zealot
chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 KPW PB840
Quote:
Originally Posted by h1ro View Post
ok, I put KPVBooklet.jar into /opt/amazon/ebook/booklet/
but the next step I don't understand. What else do I have to do for installing this on the paperwhite? And how can I put the actual reader application on there manually?
The method in https://github.com/hwhw/kindlepdfviewer/issues/653 just provided a proof-of-concept way to launch external reader directly from home screen. As @eureka mentioned in the above post there probably is better way to associate additional file types with KPV. I hope we can find the best when we release the brand new version of KPV. For now if you really want to try KPVBooklet you can firstly backup the file /var/local/appreg.db and copy mimes.sql into /var/local and run 'sqlite3 appreg.db < mimes.sql'. Then you can restart framework to activate it.

Last edited by chrox; 12-09-2012 at 03:53 AM.
chrox is offline   Reply With Quote