View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 05:55 PM   #5
jojoba
Addict
jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad 3gen, Cybook Odyssey FL HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziyuang View Post
Thank you for your answer with great detail! Since Nexus 10 is coming out, will you recommend this tablet?
I don't know much about it, but I'm sure it will do the job in terms of supporting pdf reading and annotation. I don't know how what dedicated android apps are out there for pdf management, but they probably exist. In any case, a folder structure in DropBox combined with iAnnotate for android would get you very far.

I had a quick look at this comparison:

http://www.techradar.com/news/mobile...ipad-4-1108524

Seems like the nexus actually beats the iPad for screen specs, at least for ppi, so that's something to consider for reading purposes. On the other hand, the iPad will give you more max storage with 64GB vs max 32GB on the Nexus. 32GB will get you very very far, though, if you're planning to primarily store pdf documents (as opposed to music and videos).

Another consideration is the operating system. If you have a mac or an iPhone, you might want consistency and go for the iPad; if you have an android phone, that could make you lean towards the Nexus.

Seems like the Nexus doesn't have a 3/4G version yet, which would be a deal breaker for me, but it comes down to use patterns - a lot of people with iPads have wifi only and don't feel the need for 3g.
jojoba is offline   Reply With Quote