View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 02:40 PM   #1
Ausir
Ausir knows the square root of minus one.Ausir knows the square root of minus one.Ausir knows the square root of minus one.Ausir knows the square root of minus one.Ausir knows the square root of minus one.Ausir knows the square root of minus one.Ausir knows the square root of minus one.Ausir knows the square root of minus one.Ausir knows the square root of minus one.Ausir knows the square root of minus one.Ausir knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle
Post Watts, Peter: The Island and Other Stories. v3.0. 3 Feb 2012

Here's a collection of short fiction by Peter Watts (including the Hugo-winning "The Island" and Hugo-nominated "The Things") that I compiled based on PDFs found on his website. Watts's novels are already available in .mobi format on his website.

The e-book contains the following stories (in order of original publication):
  • “A Niche”
  • “Nimbus”
  • “Flesh Made Word”
  • “Fractals”
  • “Bethlehem”
  • “The Second Coming of Jasmine Fitzgerald”
  • “Home”
  • “Bulk Food”
  • “Ambassador”
  • “A Word for Heathens”
  • “Mayfly”
  • “Repeating the Past”
  • "The Eyes of God"
  • “Hillcrest v. Velikovsky”
  • “The Island”
  • “The Things”
  • "Malak"

I made it for my own use to be able to read them on my Kindle, but since he released all of them under a Creative Commons license (non-commercial, share-alike), I figured I might just as well upload them somewhere for others to download.

As it’s mostly converted from PDF files, there have been quite a few conversion artifacts to fix, although I tried to fix as many of them as possible. If you notice any, please report them here.

mobi version

Edit: February 3, 2012. Uploaded v3.0

With the author's permission, I have added one more short story to the collection - "Malak".

Edit: January 9, 2012. Uploaded v2.0

With the author's permission, I have added one more short story to the collection - "The Eyes of God".

Last edited by Ausir; 08-01-2013 at 01:28 PM.
Ausir is offline   Reply With Quote