View Single Post
Old 11-24-2011, 06:25 PM   #1
jswinden
Nameless Being

How do you set up a PC & TV to stream Amazon video?

Amazon’s documentation is damn confusing! How do you set up your PC to run the streaming videos? It seems like you should be able to simply set up a PC to use Windows Media Center and only have to additionally install the Amazon Unbox Video Player. However they keep mentioning the need for a Windows Media Center Extender device in order to watch them on a TV or perhaps even the PC?!? Typical Amazon support documentation which confuses more than helps.

FYI: My Sony Bravia TV is NOT on the list of TVs capable of directly streaming video. Nor is my Sony Blu-Ray player--it's a first generation unit about 3 years old. TV does NOT have built in WiFi. My cable box is Time Warner Cable so I'm sure that is not going to work. I don't own an XBox, PS3, or other such device.

If possible, I want to be able to stream Amazon videos to my PC without buying any more devices. I think then I might be able to run an HDMI cable from my PC to my Sony Bravia to view them on the TV when I desire to do that. Yes my graphics card has an HDMI out port.

Anyone successfully done this!