View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 07:52 PM   #68
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaBookGuy View Post
I thought others here were saying that if you stop paying a monthly fee altogether (for good, not just "suspended"), you lose access to ALL of your purchased books? I was under the impression that you could still download those, as well as purchase new ones ... at the whopping "non-member" rate?

There are very few books I want to purchase that I can't get through my own library, but I have a dozen or so books that I've spent credits on, but haven't listened to at all yet. Are you saying that I'll have to keep shelling out at least $15/month (for one credit) to be able to access those?
If you try to cancel your membership, you'll eventually get a screen that offers you a cheap ($9.99? Don't remember) annual membership that still allows you access to all the sales, etc., and keeps your membership "active". But even without that you'll still be able to use your books. (Though I always keep a copy on my Windows Home Server, just in case.)
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote