View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 02:01 PM   #63
Care
Aes Sedai
Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: Kobo Aura and Kobo Mini, had a Nook, NOOKcolor, Nook STR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Well I haven't heard the Jim Dale version, but I can't imagine it's better than the esteemed Mr Fry.
I have both versions and I think Jim Dale does the different voices better, IMO. When I listen to Fry I sometimes get who is speaking mixed up and it detracts from the experience.

I am listening to Kate Daniels - Magic Slays (urban fantasy series), and the narrator for these books is amazing.

There was a great free audiobook offerend on iTunes called The Crown Conspiracy by Michael J. Sullivan (action/adventure fantasy), I think it was listed as a podbook or some kind of mix between a podcast and a audiobook. The narrator wasn't the best, but the story was good enough that I purchased the next 4 ebooks (and they just got better).

Other great audiobooks are:
- The Wheel of Time (epic fantasy)
- Beautiful Creatures (YA fantasy)
- The Hunger Games (YA dystopian)
- The Mortal Instruments (YA fantasy)

I read a lot of YA and fantasy. These were all great though. Especially The Wheel of Time since they have a man, Michael Kramer, do the male POVs and a woman, Kate reading, do the female POVs.

Last edited by Care; 06-14-2011 at 02:12 PM.
Care is offline   Reply With Quote