View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 02:39 PM   #54
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by duuri View Post
hi guys i have that prestigio 3072b if you tell me how i will extract firmware o files i willd o it
WOW! Thanks for the offer!

If you look up a few posts at post #48 (see top right corner of that post), you will find how I extracted the Next1's v1.0.00 software version of the v0.4.16 firmware.

Do you have software/firmware v2.1.3 (check under Settings/System Information)?

If you need help getting started, just post in this thread.

In essence, what you need to do is:
  1. (optional) Download the RK28_DM_Setup found in the Prestigio PER3052BW download section
  2. (optional) Install that software and the RK2729 usb .inf driver, when required
  3. Plug in your usb cable to the e-reader and computer, and turn the r-reader on.
  4. In this USB mode, copy any file named "rkusb.tag" to the internal flash memory
  5. Disconnect the e-reader and reboot the computer, then re-connect the e-reader after the reboot
  6. While that "rkusb.tag" is still in internal memory, TWO hidden partitions will be recognized by the computer (takes about a minute). The 150 MB partition is the (expanded) firmware files.
  7. Either compress the 150 MB partition in a .zip/.rar/.7z and upload somewhere or create a FAT .img using those files.
  8. BUT if you have firmware v2.1.3, then I think that will become available online soon...

Last edited by nrapallo; 01-14-2011 at 01:21 PM.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote