View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 10:11 AM   #3
snipenekkid
Banned
snipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

thanks for the input but the reality of the issue is I would sooner go without and wait for the Adam or buy a Edge. My reason is the DX is simply lacking in far to many areas/ the Adam addresses the need to have the ability to use it on the spot no matter where I might be...and the reality of it is the DX does not provide the flexibility to read in pretty much all lighting conditions. Also, as I mentioned taking hand written notes is a must have feature because, again, the entire Kindle family is horrid at taking complex notes and even simplistically formatted notes are less than fast using a Kindle of any sort.

And please don't feel I am being dismissive of your suggestions. I think you offer a nice suggestion. it is just I know my needs and know the devices released in the past few years well. I just don't know a lot about the newer devices nor any that might have been introduced at CES this past week. In fact there was not much discussion of CES as in years past. It was so much so that I am sensing the boom for dedicated ebook reading devices is now on the down slope of the growth curve. Instead they are going to be replaced by a more multifunction device. Just look at the money each book seller is putting into their desktop and phone OS reading apps. I feel even they understand while there will always be a market for the EPD type dedicated reader, the demand curve is due to stagnate soon.

Right now if I was to be forced to choose an EPD only device I am leaning to the Pocketbook 903 (but the glossy screen bothers me a lot), the Adam even if it is just finally shipping and last would be the Edge. However the Edge is due for a version update so I would tend to wait for that reason as it is a first generation device and their second should be quite improved. A dark horse I suspect might be out soon is the next iteration of the large format Kindle reader but they have not come close to a device geared toward research instead producing devices best suited to simple recreational reading so much so I would easily prefer even a 3-4 year old regular tablet or slate PC.

And obviously ever device involves a compromise of some sort. It has been that way since the first products rolled off the assembly lines. That was why I took the time to list what I see as important features for me as well as what I view as pluses and minuses for devices of which I am currently considering.

So thanks a lot for your comment as it's important to read everyones take even if it's for something I am least likely to consider for a a variety of reasons all of which are important to me. Who knows there might have been something significant I over looked!!
snipenekkid is offline   Reply With Quote