View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 09:00 AM   #15497
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
Now, next cab off the rank is another indie effort. This time it's Taking the Highway by M. H. Mead. I've already read two novels from this writing duo and enjoyed them both. This one is set in the same future world so it should feel quite familiar and hopefully will be at least as enjoyable as those I have read before.
Loved this. Of the three novels, I enjoyed this one the most. I like the way these authors feed off ideas in one novel to spin a whole new and interesting story in another novel. The three novels are basically standalone, but in the same near future. In this case, the authors have taken a fairly innocuous part of the first novel and created a really interesting story. I even really liked the main character - which is always nice.

I was going to knock off half a star because I felt the logic slipping a little towards the end in a couple of places. However, I enjoyed it too much. And by that stage it was all go go go! 5 stars.

Now I'll be tackling another independent novel. This time by Tony Bertauski. It's called Halfskin. Genetic engineering gone awry?! I can do that. It sounds like it could be good, so we'll see how it goes.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote