View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014, 05:06 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by montalex View Post
I just[B] searched my Calibre installation for an author, and got no results, in spite of the fact that I have 4 titles by the author in my Calibre book folder. I verified spelling, etc. I assume there is a problem with metadata. How can I fix this short of re-importing the books?
Which operating system/version are you using, and which calibre version?

With what did you search?

Where precisely did you search?

Assuming you're not using the Windows portable version: Calibre libraries are not normally stored in the Installation folder, by default they're stored within the User home folder/directory.

If you use any of '\/:*?"<>|' in an author name (or book title) then Calibre will replace the 'offending' character with an underscore '_' in the folder and file names it creates.

If you want to see an author folder, then select a book by that author in the main Calibre Library List and press 'O' to open the book folder. The Library, Author, and Book folder names should be shown in your file managers 'address bar'.

My biggest library has 1200+ plus authors, the author folder names are the same as I see them in calibre.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 01-06-2014 at 05:10 PM.
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote