View Single Post
Old 05-23-2014, 09:51 PM   #57
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Odd to see the shareholder fixation on dividends: the company is (maybe) six months from Chapter 11 and they want to drain cash from it?
Wall Street as a whole tends to be focused only short-term. They want to earn money NOW, the future be damned. So it's not at all surprising to see them want to milk a company to death, that's routine behavior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBDigital View Post
I never could understand why they went the 30 pin route for the cable.
As GreenMonkey noted, it's so it can charge quickly. And it does charge very quickly. That part is nice, the cable being only available from B&N isn't.

Personally I knew about the 30pin connector when I bought my Nook HD+s, but I felt the pricing (I bought refurbed ones cheap) and easy CyanogenMod installs made up for it. Didn't really help B&N much, but it was a good deal for me.

I am surprised to see people saying Nook for PC is no longer available, as it appears to be downloadable from the US site still. Program still seems to work too, I just ran it and got my latest Analog & Asimov's Science Fiction issues.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote