View Single Post
Old 10-10-2013, 11:07 PM   #3
Ocicat
Groupie
Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Librie,PRS900,950,K4, KT, PW1&2, KV
Quote:
Originally Posted by SampleAndy View Post
I figure everybody needs a break from all the Paperwhite 2, and Fire HDX posts, so...

I recently added a 1st Gen. Fire to my collection. One thing I'm a firm believer in re Kindles in general is cases. Sure they add weight, but after seeing what an eInk screen is and after dropping my HD and having the case pop open 1/4 of the way around, I don't Kindle naked anymore.

If you can get past the Amazon price for their cases, they're usually pretty decent, so I figured I'd look for one of them, first. The weird thing is that I haven't found a listing for a regular Amazon case. It seems like most of the listings are for Marware cases, and I'm not crazy about the way the elastic gets all stretched out of shape with use.

Does anybody have a "formal" Amazon case for a Fire, and if so do you have a link to it? Does anybody else have a case that they really like... (at a decent price?)

Thanks for your input.
When the first Fire came out I bought 2 of these, I think they were around $12-$15. 2nd one was meant to be a backup, but my 1st one is still fine, it it has been very practical and offer a decent protection.

Now the cases are only $3 for the original Fire:

http://www.amazon.com/rooCASE-Slim-F...ev_itm_title_2

If you want extra protection, ie to put Fire in a briefcase, backpack, etc... look for a Built neoprene foam sleeve case, they are discounted all the time for $3-$5 in close-out stores or websites like Woot.

Last edited by Ocicat; 10-10-2013 at 11:13 PM.
Ocicat is offline   Reply With Quote