Thread: Silliness Quiz
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012, 06:37 AM   #10450
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Everybody seems to have bits and pieces of the correct answer, but may be just verbalizing it in ways that don't seem to fit... So here's what I was actually looking for;

Quote:
We all know that certain colors are considered warm and other cool. Yellows and light oranges are called warm colors while blues are called cold.
Yet, these are actually, in fact, misnomers. Why?
We call these colors 'warm' or 'cold' based on the psychological response they cause rather than their actual temperature. When measured on the Kelvin scale, blue is very hot (not cold) and yellow is rather cool (not hot!)

To put it into a practical sense, just think of a flame. Blue flame is very hot, yellow flame much cooler.

So I have absolutely NO idea who has the full correct answer, but as a Christmas present, I offer any of you the next question! If you've got one handy, lay it on us!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote