View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 07:15 AM   #2
Yapyap
Guru
Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad 3, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
I'm trying very hard to decide, but my two absolute top reads this year are so different, plus one of them was the latest in a favourite series and the other was a stand-alone, that it would be unfair for me to pit them against each other.

So, for me, it's a draw between Skulduggery Pleasant: Kingdom of the Wicked by Derek Landy, for the sheer joy and giddy delight and awesomeness, and The Casual Vacancy by JK Rowling, which I'd expected to be disappointed by and which turned out to be an incredible read, one that will certainly stay with me for a while.

It was a good year, all in all - I've had eight five star reads among the 167 books I've read this year so far. But even among the five star reads, some just stand out more than others.
Yapyap is offline   Reply With Quote