View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 10:07 PM   #324
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
My biggest request right now is some sort of approximate roadmap for customers.

I finally managed to get the 2.0 update - but the slow page turns on sideloaded epubs is pretty much a dealbreaker for me. The weird, non-intuitive, too-many-clicks shelves management is close to another.

A better way to add books to the shelves is needed (especially from the Library, and just after adding new books); and the option to choose one shelf to put on a homepage carousel (or better, two!) would be very useful indeed. As it is, the shelves are pretty much more trouble than they're worth, for me.

Another thing on my wishlist would be an automatic "Currently Reading" shelf (or similar). Losing currently-reading books off the front page just because I add new books is really annoying.

Overall, after wrestling with this interface for a few days: I'm thinking of resetting and downgrading again to the previous firmware. This is based on the long, long gaps between previous firmware releases, and the lack of communication as to what Kobo may or may not be addressing in terms of bugfixes.

However, if there was some vague indication that a fix, at least for the slow page turns, was in the offing, I'd probably hold off. As it is, though? I can only assume it will be four months or more till the next update (and can only guess at what new bugs it might introduce).

Last edited by meeera; 07-19-2012 at 10:14 PM.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote