View Single Post
Old 07-08-2012, 05:23 PM   #9
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
My newest Nook, a Glow, started the fast drain thing. I recharged it and it drained just as fast. I let go to about 10%, which only took a day, then I charged it all the way to full using the charger. Once it had a full charge I shut it off and left it overnight. It's been holding a charge ever since.

This same problem was reported with other devices. I have an Aztec Pocket Pro that did the same thing when it was new. I used the same technique to recharge it and, although I truly believe the shutting it off part is probably magic thinking, both readers responded to it. The Pocket Pros were frequently reported to have trouble calibrating their batteries but it was usually corrected by going through several cycles to train them.

Or you might have a bad one.
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote