View Single Post
Old 04-04-2008, 10:12 AM   #8
Halk
Fanatic
Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 (PRS+ alpha - thanks Kartu!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
If you keep the Gen3 in its case, it should be pretty immune to "routine" drops. If you dropped the "bare" machine a few feet onto a hard floor, I wouldn't fancy its survival chances - the shock of impact will very likely shatter the glass substrate of the screen. That's why mine never leaves its case.
Yep, I'm quite confident myself about it in the case. The case seems to be intentionally designed to take an impact so that the Cybook doesn't.

Unfortunately the Aquapac cover I bought for it has a few drawbacks. So it'll be out of the case for a while from time to time. (I'll put that in the waterproof case thread to stop this one going off topic).
Halk is offline   Reply With Quote