View Single Post
Old 01-25-2008, 03:54 AM   #12
Gudy
Wizard
Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux (623)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvoosten View Post
But to be honest.. I don't know what all the fuss is about on trying to get a V3 in Europe.. I ordered and got mine directly from the Jinke site within a week for 300 dollar and I do live in Europe..
I've given some of my reasons above. To repeat: customs duty and tax, and the hassle of dealing with same, shipping charges, and warranty. Even with the dollar being as low as it is, the customs duty, taxes and shipping charges add up to the point where the offer from Apollo XXI is competitive on price alone. Add in the hefty charges for international wire transfers, warranty, and the hassle that dealing with the customs office can be (speaking from experience here), and ordering directly from Jinke suddenly looks far less lucrative to me than ordering from a dealer within the EU.
Gudy is offline   Reply With Quote