View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 03:55 PM   #2
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I'm a hardcore Star Trek fan. I'm so dedicated that I'm still bugged by the historical revisionism in ST: First Contact. But I have to say that I like this movie.

It's actually a lot better than the trailers led me to believe. I had previously described it as "twenty-somethings blow shit up". That's not true. This is more than just a J. J. Abrams action flick. It's one of the better Star Trek movies. I'd rate it above Nemesis, ST5, and ST1.
Khaaaaaaaaannnnnnn!!!!!

Now I'm not a big Trek fan, but I have friends who are and I've picked up some stuff from them, and I must say that this film worked on both a non-Trekkie level and a Trekkie-fan level. I really enjoyed it, even though i thought it would be terrible. Bones was great, Scotty I loved, and the story was fun too, not just mindless action, even though there was plenty of that to be had.

Best summer blockbuster in years, whether you're into Trek or not.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote