View Single Post
Old 08-01-2021, 08:49 PM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex2002ans View Post
Most of these are non-standards compliant. They work by completely overriding most/all of the book's CSS, mangling things like:
  • Negative indents in poetry
  • Scenebreaks that use a gap instead of something like * * *.
  • Embedded fonts for rare characters (like the 🌔 Gibbous Moon)
Does that include KOReader? I don't use it but see a lot of discussion about it as an alternative on Kobo ereaders. From that, I assumed it was doing at least as good a job as the RMSDK and Kobo's kepub renderer. Or does it have an option to ignore it and that is the default?

The same goes for the calibre viewer. I mainly use it for quick checks, but, it generally matches with what I see on my Kobo devices. It is possible to override a lot, but, I don't.
davidfor is online now   Reply With Quote