View Single Post
Old 08-29-2014, 06:00 AM   #7
shimmering
shimmering can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametershimmering can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametershimmering can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametershimmering can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametershimmering can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametershimmering can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametershimmering can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametershimmering can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametershimmering can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametershimmering can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametershimmering can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: none
You correctly describe the scenario that is no doubt behind the issue I am seeing:

Indeed, there are 14 (say) xhtml files that make up the book content.
I have listed all 14 of them in the spine to determine the correct play order
I have listed in the TOC.NCX only the 10 or 11 of them I want to appear in the TOC.

There is nothing fancy with subchapters/images etc. I just don't especially need TOC links to a copyright page, a page with a list of other books by the author, things like that. Irrelevant to the TOC, but still belong in the book. I would prefer them not to appear in the TOC. That is my ideal scenario.

I now understand that the Kobo spec requires that the NCX must include every entry from the spine. (is this different from "standard" epub spec? I mean files built like this validate fine.)

Are you suggesting that it is OK to remove items from the spine so that they will not be force-added to the TOC? This seems very counterintuitive. How will they then appear in the right place in the book?
shimmering is offline   Reply With Quote