View Single Post
Old 08-18-2014, 08:03 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I just remembered a document about the Kobo epub specs. The ToC section has the following:

Quote:
For ePub 2.0.1, Kobo reading platforms populate the ToC menu in the book with the ToC from the file toc.ncx (which is in navMap). However, if the toc.ncx is not present, the TOC menu is populated by the Spine listing in the OPF.

When an OPF-spine item is not listed in the TOC.ncx, the Kobo CMS will create a listing for it using the filename or the opening words from the section. This listing will be displayed to the user in the TOC Menu across all reading platforms. This process may be removed in a future release. ePubs that use a nav.html TOC will not be impacted.
So, yes, it looks like it is doing what you thought. But, I'm surprised it doesn't do that anyway. I'd say creating the ToC yourself makes sense.

Last edited by davidfor; 08-24-2014 at 10:47 PM. Reason: Fixed link
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote