View Single Post
Old 08-18-2014, 03:32 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I suspect what is happening for the Kobo is related to their "Kobo ePub" format. This is usually know as "kepub" and is what Kobo use to send to the Kobo devices and apps. It is basically just an epub, but they add some spans for their bookmarking system and a couple of other things. From what I can tell, all files within a kepub have to have a ToC entry. When I have constructed a kepub without this, the devices will read the books, but there can be some strange things shown in the ToC and in the page number area of the screen. For kepubs, the devices show the current chapter name plus the current page within the chapter. That display can get interesting if there isn't a one-one relationship between the ToC entries and the files.

I'm not sure if that is the cause of what you are seeing or not. I'm not an author, so I haven't tried what you are doing.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote