View Single Post
Old 05-16-2008, 02:28 PM   #7
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
My main concern about the Jetbook is the limited format support. Text and PDF support don't get you very far when it comes to commercial eBooks. I honestly can't see it being a great success without support for a popular commercial eBook format like MobiPocket or eReader.
Well, Sony sells without support for these. Granted they have thier own book store. Frankly, people can convert. Many Sony owners buy DRMed LIT and convert it to LRF without much bother.

Actually, I think the bigger issue is price. When you compare this, a 5inch device for $300 to a Sony, CyBook or Kindle which are 6inch eInk devices I'm not sure many would choose the Jetbook. I think at a $199 price point it would be alot more popular. I expect that maybe they can do this price point since the LCD screen must cost much less than an eInk screen. At least we are lead to believe that much of the price of the eInk devices are due to the price of the displays.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote