View Single Post
Old 08-29-2009, 12:52 PM   #1
JanetCinNC
Groupie
JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 650 in red, Sony PRS-600 in red, Sony PRS-505 in red, iPad 2
Anybody else feeling buyer's remorse with the 600?

I was all excited about the 600, but now that I've used it for a couple of days, I'm regretting the purchase.

I don't need note-taking abilities. I've never written or highlighted in a book before, and I won't do it in a digital book, either. I exclusively read for pleasure on my reader, so I don't need notes anyway. I got along fine without an on-board dictionary for years. I just liked the way the 600 looked - lured in by a pretty face.

I couldn't sleep last night, so I read for a few hours using my Mighty Bright clip-on. I found it harder to hold everything and still get my finger onto the screen to change the page. With my 505 and light wedge case, I had fine-tuned the way I held it so that I could keep one finger at the top of the book to hold the light wedge in place and keep my thumb on the page turn button. Reading was effortless.

I found myself constantly adjusting the position of the Mighty Bright last night. Constantly fidgeting everything around to change the page resulted in my cover getting bent (not a permanent bend, just a curve).

I asked my husband if he liked his 600, and he admitted that he didn't use the touch screen. He used the buttons to turn pages, but the button wasn't as convenient as on the 505. I think he did like the Might Bright clip-on better than the light wedge case.

I don't know what to do. I always like getting new things, but I've never regretted giving up the old one before like this. I guess I'll try it out a couple more days before I decide.
JanetCinNC is offline   Reply With Quote