View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 07:59 AM   #279
KoboJasi
KoboJasi shares his or her toysKoboJasi shares his or her toysKoboJasi shares his or her toysKoboJasi shares his or her toysKoboJasi shares his or her toysKoboJasi shares his or her toysKoboJasi shares his or her toysKoboJasi shares his or her toysKoboJasi shares his or her toysKoboJasi shares his or her toysKoboJasi shares his or her toys

Device: Kobo Touch
Hi George!
Here are some tips for you:
1. The new version of Touch appeared first at last spring. Check the box of your device, I think if you find a date under the barcode you can decide it - but I'm not absolutely sure.
2. If you feel comfortable to open up your device, do it, and check if you find an internal microSD card on board. The older hardwares doesn't contain it, just the newer ones.
3. This is the most important: if you can find a microSD in it, TAKE A BACKUP OF IT!! BEFORE YOU TRY TO SIDELOAD ANY FIRMWARE! I mean take an image file of the whole card, so that in the future you can revive your Kobo relatively easily if you brick it...
There are several of us in this forum who has bricked their reader by sideloading a firmware on it.. Check this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=201132
KoboJasi is offline   Reply With Quote